Sunday, December 25, 2011

Weakness

“You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say.” – Martin Luther



Often I think of judgment day, when I shall stand before His throne and watch as things which I spent on myself burn away, and things which I spent on His kingdom go into all of eternity. Not often, though, do I think of the things I will leave hollow. Some purpose He created me for, to have me speak or do, left undone.



My insecurities get the best of my mouth on a regular basis, giving satan all kinds of footholds to creep up in my heart. He surely is the father of lies, is he not? Jesus gives me authority and clarity to speak His heart to someone, to tell them the flipside of the lie they’re hearing (and believing), to penetrate darkness with the light of His truth- but in the midst of receiving this blessed word of the Lord, Satan hates it and decides to work overtime.

“Who do you think you are? They don’t even like you. You must be respected first, before words can be properly received. You wouldn’t be able to say it right anyway.”

Like a child, I wholeheartedly believe, and join with the world in eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. And the situation drowns in a pool of lies.

I pray and hope, that with age does come wisdome, more of a knowledge of who Jesus is and also whi the evil one is. That I may turn my face against ever-tempting darkness, and look into light. In this I am weak, sometimes too weak to speak. But this truth I do know: His grace is sufficient for me, His power is perfected in my weakest parts. (2 Cor. 12:10.)

No comments:

Post a Comment